What you will need to know
We want to set you up for success at Moksha Yoga Kelowna, so here are some things you will want to know in order to have the best experience possible…
Come to class with an open mind. Which is why we encourage the introductory unlimited $40 month. It can take up to 4 – 6 classes before the benefits and positive effects of the yoga experience can really start to be noticed and understood. You wil want to try all of the different styles of practice that we offer, the variety of class times and teachers.
Be sure to drink plenty of water. Our bodies are made up primarily of water so this is a great health habit to adopt right away.
Plan your meals so that you don’t show up for class on a full stomach. Typically make sure you allow for 2 hours after you last meal. If you are super hungry or get light headed, snack on something light like fruit or nuts.
Wear light clothing, which you can move easily in. Something you would wear on a hot day for any sporting activity.
When you come to yoga you will want to bring a yoga mat, yoga mat towel (or a regular towel), shower towel and water. If you come with nothing don’t worry, we have everything you need in studio.
Rentals: Yoga mat, shower towel and yoga towels are $2 each
Ongoing rental service- $35
If you want to enjoy the full experience, plan to shower after class. The change room facilities are spacious with private showers that have body wash, shampoo and conditioner.
Our Sun Room space fits 55 people safely and comfortably at full capacity. We make 4 rows of about 13 mats each. Its only on occasion that a class is totally full but its important to consider the others around you and arrange the mats to make space for everyone. The Moon Room capacity is lower, and for any Yin class we allow less people so that there is more space to stretch out. Dont be shy about shuffling around or finding a space. During a class it can feel like a lot of people in the room, but with the fresh air exchange its absolutely fine. We only really need the space that is our yoga mat, and moving and breathing with a big community feels awesome!
Commitment to incorporating a regular yoga practice into your healthy routine is worth it, you will notice positive changes in many areas of your body, mind and spirit quickly!
If at any time you have any concerns, questions or comments we would love to hear from you – by phone on 778 478 0933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to any staff member in the lobby when you come in.
Please note the following ways we work together to ensure the best possible experience for you and you fellow yogis.
- Please remove your shoes and store them on the shoe shelf as you enter.
- Please turn of you cell phone in the studio. There are absolutely no cell phones or mobile devices permitted in the practice room.
- Sign in at the front desk before proceeding to changing rooms.
- Please respect the silence in the room at all times. This is our chance to relax and take a break from our busy schedules.
- Please be scent-free: no perfumes, colognes, or fragrances.
- Please leave bags and personal belonging in changing areas.
- Please remain in the practice room for the duration of your class, including final “Savasana”.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class. Sorry, latecomers will not be permitted.
- Place your mat mindful of other people around you. Our Sun Room space fits 55 people safely, and comfortably with 4 rows.
Next to our building is a lot that has 12 allocated (signed) Moksha parking stalls. Between the hours of 9 – 5 Monday to Friday, you can ONLY park in these stalls. If you park in an unmarked stall (within these hours) you risk being ticketed. Outisde of business hours there is more flexibility. On West Ave (the other side of the building) there are paid parking stalls, with more free spaces a little further down. Pandosy St is paid parking. There is free parking in all the streets close by, you may just want to leave an extra 5 minutes to walk a block or two.